Header Ads

The Advantages and Disadvantages of Hair Straightening?


I got my straight hair straightened permanently a year ago.

I also use a Hair Straightener.

I like straight straight hair. No frizz, no waves.

Advantages of permanent straightening
  • It looks good after 6 months.
  • Its really straight.
  • silky

Disadvantages:
  1. No volume.
  2. Hair thinning.
  3. Looks like you have a wig on for a good 2 months.
  4. High maintenance. You have to use a hair straightening shampoo.
  5. After a year, your straightened hair is damaged. Too many split ends, breakage.
  6. expensive. Buy a good straightening iron instead.
  7. irreversible. If you hate your hair, you cant change it.
  8. It takes around 6 hours to straighten your hair.
  9. Chemicals, lots of them, are used. Apparently they break your natural hair bonds and form new ones.(Correct me if I am wrong.) It shouldn't be done frequently.

I didn't like the permanent straightening. I cried for 1 week. I didn't go to school for 1 month. It was irreversible, it looked like a wig. But, after 8 months, I loved my hur. And after 10 months, the ends of my hair, looked dry, rough, damaged, lots of breakage, an split ends. I had volume at the top, and thin hair at the bottom.

To make my hair looking uniform, I bought a straightening iron.

Advantages of temporary straightening:
  • Looks natural.
  • Have volume.
  • You can get your normal hair back in the next wash.

Disadvantages:
  • You have to do it every single day, if your a big fan of straight hair, its time consuming.
  • You can't straighten your hair if the weather is humid.
  • You MUST use heat protect-ant sprays, or else, the heat damages your hair.

I really like straightening my hair at home. I usually do it maybe 6 times a year, or less. Not that often. It looks natural, and I like the results.
Powered by Blogger.