Header Ads

How Long Does it Take For a Pimple To Naturally Go Away on its Own?


I’m not a dermotologist so I can only answer as a layperson who has had my fair share of acne over the last 38 +/- years of my 48 years on earth…

On average, a run of the mill pimple if you leave it alone completely should clear up in 3 - 4 days. Using salycylic acid will accelerate that process by about 1 - 2 days.

Cystic acne is different. Those pimple have a tendency to stick around a lot longer and they do not react well to most topical solutions. And you DEFINITELY DO NOT pop those pimples. If you try, you will get a scar. The end.

You didn’t ask but I’ll offer this as well — for just basic acne and blackheads, I find the less I touch my face the better in terms of maintaining clear skin. Also, over cleansing was something I was guilty of as a young person, which ended up causing more oil production which was the LAST thing I wanted because that only exacerbated my oily skin.

Acne is annoying but it’s a fact of life for many people. Good luck!


Powered by Blogger.