Header Ads

Natural Ways To Add Volume To Your Hair?


Are you constantly fighting flat hair? As someone with thin, fine hair, I literally feel your pain. When I attempt to volumize my hair, it lasts for a whopping 12 seconds before turning on me. Then I have to spend the rest of my day looking like a tired hippy.

I’ve since ditched all of the so-called “volumizing” products I’ve invested in and now focus on natural methods that don’t make my hair all gunky. Here are 9 simple, natural ways to combat your flat hair fiasco:

1. Don’t over wash

Washing your hair daily is a huge deal-breaker if you want your hair to have oodles of body. It strips your hair of the essential oils needed to keep your hair healthy and lifted.

2. Blow dry upside down

This allows gravity to lift your tresses away from the scalp. Spritz with a light hairspray, but wait about 30 seconds before you flip yourself upright: That’s how long it takes for hairspray to set.

3. Wash with baking soda

I’m now on team no ‘poo, and wash my hair once a week using 1 part baking soda to 3 parts water. Because my hair is long, I let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing. My perpetually flat hair finally has bounce – no products required. Best of all, one week later it still feels as squeaky clean as when I first washed it!

4. Switch up your part

One trick for flat hair that has never let me down: Don’t let your hair get used to a specific part. Switch up your part every morning to help keep your roots lifted. Try new ways to style your hair each day to keep your roots on their toes.

5. Tease it

I wouldn’t recommend doing this very often (unless you’re a fan of damaged hair), but if you’re going to a special event and need your ‘do to last no matter what, this method always does the trick: Hold your hair straight up at the crown, and backcomb in sections down to the root. Brush through with your fingertips to soften the look.

6. Lift your roots

Using a large, round brush, lift your hair at the roots and wrap 1 to 2-inch sections around the brush. Aim your blow dryer at your scalp and pull upward for maximum impact.

7. Scrunch your hair

Perfect for the summer season, give your hair a beachy look by scrunching your hair and letting it air dry. Add a cup of water and three teaspoons of sea salt to a spray bottle. Spray, scrunch, and get ready for the compliments! The tousled look will take the focus away from your roots.

8. Plan ahead

Give your hair a natural wave by twisting damp hair into small buns before bed. Fasten using bobby pins instead of elastics to avoid damaging your hair and leaving unwanted crimps. Unwrap your strands in the morning, tousle them about and use a light hairspray to set.

9. Use your hands

Use the pads of your fingertips to nix flat hair at the roots, the crown, or wherever you need a little boost. Bonus: It doubles as a pretty relaxing scalp massage.

Powered by Blogger.