Header Ads

The best skin care routine for morning or night


As I approach my 40s my skincare routine hasn’t really changed, however, I frequently try new products. Please keep in mind, your skin type may be different than mine, as I have dry, sensitive skin that is prone to irritation, so I do my best to preserve the skin barrier.

Morning

Cleanser: CosRx Good Morning Gel Cleanser, which I like because it’s low pH, inexpensive, and effective.

Moisturizer: CosRx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask, which has the perfect amount of hydration. I switch between this and Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream, again because it’s great for my dry skin.

Sunscreen: Ombrelle Ultra Light Advanced SPF 60 or Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50. Well formulated, never greasy or sticky.

Evening

Cleansing water: Remove all traces of makeup with Bioderma Hydrabio H20 micellar water, very effective and great for dry skin. An absolute delight to use.

Cleanser: Klairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser, it’s low pH and great for dry, sensitive skin

Exfoliation: Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, an irreplaceable product I feel has done the most for my skin texture, smoothness, and tone for over 20 years. I’ve tried to use cheaper alternatives because it’s expensive ($29USD), but no other product keeps my skin this clear and smooth.

Treatment serum: I’ve been experimenting with Melano CC Vitamin C essence for the past few months to see if it works on post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (the dark spot left after a zit heals). I think it might be slowly working, because eventually the spot fades away and I forget that I had a zit there before. It also provides a nice glow when I wake up in the morning.

Moisturizer: Same as above. I don’t use eye creams or face masks.

Hope this helps!

Powered by Blogger.