Header Ads

Is it Possible to Remove Acne Scars Permanently?


If you expect old acne scars to disappear within a month or so, don’t even waste time trying. You’ll end up spending an X amount of money thrown in the air.

If you have the courage to be patient and persistent, however, you may actually remove the acne scars or, at least, improve their appearance to the point they become barely visible.

My experience with acne scars treatment was sometimes discouraging and [almost always] annoying.

I chose to use honey. Raw, natural honey, that’s all.


The first time this idea came into my mind was when I was walking home from school with a friend of mine who always had (and still has) perfect skin. By perfect I mean evenly toned facial skin with no blemishes, facial scars, freckles or whatsoever.

She told me that the only ‘skincare’ product she applies to her face is honey - just a small amount of raw honey. And she doesn’t even have to do it every day - 2 or 3 times a week are enough, she said.

‘Yeah, sure’ - this was my reaction to her advice, I thought I would just neglect it like most useful things I used to neglect during my teen years.

But I didn’t. When I got home, I checked if there’s still some honey left, I found a full jar and applied a very generous amount to my face. I forgot to mention that my friend told me that the longer I stay with the honey applied to my face, the better for my skin.

However, I have used too much. And it started melting. And started leaking. And I got pissed at my friend because I didn’t realize that it was actually my fault.

Anyway, after taking an emergency shower, I decided to never do this again.

But I did, 2 days later. This time, using a very small amount of honey. I remember that it started stinging my face at first but then I got used to the sensation. It might have happened because of the red and irritated pimples, covering my entire cheeks and forehead. [Note that the first problem I needed to treat was active acne!]

I have spent a bit less than 2 hours with this honey mask. I washed my face with water and saw myself in the mirror.

I don't know if this was my imagination but I saw my active acne lesions less irritated, the redness was less noticeable, in short, I liked that. During the next 48 hours, my acne has started healing.

After 2 more days, I repeated the same procedure but this time I stayed with the honey mask for about four hours. And after removing the honey, I could definitely see a difference.

Redness was almost gone, the number of pimples has decreased. I couldn't see inflamed lesions on my cheeks or forehead.

Long story short, I kept applying this honey mask 3 times a week, left it for as long as possible and within a month or two, my facial skin healed to the point that there were no signs of active acne.

But I wanted to tell you about the post-acne scarring. It was brutal. I still can’t forgive myself for the constant picking. Seeing a newly formed pimple meant that I have to immediately pop it in order to get rid of it.

Unfortunately, things don't work that way. Picking only spreads the inflammation, it does not promote healing and, above all, it leaves ugly brownish scars.

So, OK, I cleared the acne but what about the scarring left?

I decided to leave it as it is, as I was happy enough that I no longer have to deal with inflamed pimples.

And kept applying the honey masks. But I started seeing visible changes in the scar tissue after 2-3 months.

The damaged tissue was healing - honey provides useful nutrients for the skin, it was clinically proven to promote skin hydration and regeneration of the impaired tissue.

The dark red marks became darker, then started to diminish in size, then peeled off.

Also, there were deeper scars especially on my cheeks - well, they were flattened, much less noticeable than before. After a couple of months, they became barely noticeable and then disappeared completely.

My entire treatment process took me about a year, maybe a year and a half, this was a great accomplishment for me because like most teenagers I was very conscious about my skin problems. And I m still grateful for the valuable advice my friend gave me.

A modern alternative to my treatment are those scar removal creams, they are often available over the counter but, again, the progress will take time! And if you choose OTH products, keep in mind that you cannot apply them to open wounds!

Hope my answer helps!

Thanks for reading it!



Powered by Blogger.