Header Ads

Is Tanned Skin More Attractive?


We asked a few people how to Is tanned skin more attractive? and this is their answer.

1. William Lancaster, software engineer

Here’s my take:

People who have very white, pale skin can look incredibly attractive if their white skin tone is even and “full”. That is, you can’t see blue veins mapping their skin, or have red splotches here and there, or basically have any evident unevenness to its texture or colour. Anything that breaks that evenness is simply more easily visible on whiter skin. Acne, for instance, becomes particularly evident against a nice porcelain canvas.

Tanning is used by many people to even out the colour of their skin because any redness they might have on their cheekbones or nose begins to fade into the same brown colour as the rest of them when they get a tan. That nice, even skin texture is what people often point towards as a symbol of health and vitality, when really they’re pretty much just wearing nature’s makeup. Red marks or acne on tanned skin? Not as noticeable.

Thus, for most people who aren’t blessed with perfect skin, getting a tan can hide their imperfections and fake a nice healthy glow. For those *with* perfect, even-toned skin, then whether or not they get a tan doesn’t really matter and they’re likely to look great either way.

2. Sienna Anlon, middle schooler

I don't know but I could tell that I have tan skin. I am a Chinese Malaysian with Thai mixed blood. I am 13. I was borned with tan skin and my friends and relatives think that pale skin is the best for girls. They wanted me to whiten my skin and laughed at my tan skin. But then, I feel like tan skin is a great thing since I’m going to Western Countries because people wouldn't laugh at me. Plus, I am in Basketball School Team, Boxing and Yoga. Therefore, I feel like having a tan skin is like a significant of you having a healthy life. And that's how i know, Tan skin is attractive. At least it is to me.

3. Manisha Agarwal, A finance graduate from India

I always used to think what is in skin tone, bur recently my neighbour had some people come see for selecting a bride for their son. They said she is too dark for him and left.

Then i thought it was so easy for them to say no to her because she was a little dark? imagine what she would have gone through, how upset she would have got and how her self-confidence would have got down.

I would say the color you naturally have is beautiful. Let it be pale white skintone, olive or brownish tones, tanned skintone, a little darker shade of skintones. Everyone is beautiful in their own skin.

All have houses to live in which we pay for but YOUR BODY is your only home/temple you live in. How beautiful is that to think.

What I would day is tanned skin is just beautiful, just like sand on the beach, beautiful. Olive green, pastel shades, dark shades of clothes all look just beautiful on that skin tone.

Oil based make up looks your face look more gorgeous and sexy.

I would say your body is your home. Cherish it, value it, worship it, love it. Its the ONLY home you have.

4. Liz Hilton, Retired

This is an answer from an old lady so beware!

I love a lightly tanned look because it looks “healthy” but pale skin can be stunning too.

I think in the answer with the tanned and untanned celebrities, the tanned shots were photoshopped - much more clarity, yes? So they look “better”. The untanned phots were “snaps” - who looks good in a “snap”?

But I have seen real people with milky white skin look absolutely wonderful with good makeup and colours in clothing that emphasised their pale skin. Intense Red, Black, Indigo, Purple and Emerald do it. And, White, even Cream, can make you look really fragile and angelic.

A pale skin was once a fashion must have. It was feminine.

Nowadays, feminine seems to be a dirty word. It’s more fashionable to be a sort of man-competing, muscular, gym attending, skinny, sun tanned, Barbie Doll type human being.

But I’m old fashioned. I liked it when women were women. Feminine is great. And pale skinned women can look unique and lovely - like the famous “English Rose” look. It’s funny that woman desire that look for their wedding day, don’t you think? But I like it all the time. It’s most appealing!


5. Sandra Norris, Marketing Expert

I have asked myself this question so many times, since I as a ginger cannot tan. I have 2 settings: white, and lobster red. I was considering spray tan until someone saved me. So let me save you!

look at these beautiful celebrities with gorgeous fair skin:


Dita von Teese. If you ever saw a tanline on her, I would pay you big bucks.


Elle Fanning. Her paleness compliments her, making her look like an angel



And Christina Hendricks, my favorite fellow ginger!

As you can see, I deliberately chose 3 different hair colors to show you it can fit with anybody. Please don't be insecure but own it, flaunt it

6. Em Price, Sales and Marketing Expert

I have lots of friends that spray tan or use tan creams, that do so for the following reasons: It defines your features (nose mouth cheekbones) and slims the face and gets rid of wrinkles and imperfections and makes it seem like you’re fit (think bodybuilders and the beach body look).

As to whether it’s more attractive, see below for which you find more appealing in general:



Powered by Blogger.