Header Ads

Does The Korean Skincare Routine Really Work


Ah, the world of skincare. Before high school, I had no idea what it was until the day I looked in the mirror … and damnnn, my face put pepperoni pizza to shame.

I started off with an oil-free acne face wash. While it certainly smelled nice, it did nothing for my grease bomb of a face.

Well, I started to panic.

I begged my parents to let me try Korean skincare. I envied Korean models and idols with their flawless “glass skin,” and aspired to look just like them. If I followed the 9-step Korean skincare routine, I’d be perfect.

*sigh*

I then acquired the following:

  • Cleansing oil to remove any impurities.
  • Foaming water-based cleanser afterwards for a complete clean.
  • Toner to prep skin for essence.
  • Essence, which is like a super gel.
  • Serums, which supposedly penetrate deeper into the skin to deliver nutrients.
  • Acne gel I vigorously rubbed on the angry red pimples.
  • Moisturizer, to lock in everything I just slathered on my face.
  • Oh, and don’t forget the clay mask I applied every week.

Phew! That was a lot. Did it work, though?

NOPE.

The extensive skincare process irritated my skin even further. I hadn’t bothered slowly introducing the products, so my skin broke out even more. I continued this for a while, but at one point I gave up.

I didn’t even care anymore. Well okay, I did.

But not as much. Actually, I just think I got too lazy.

Anyways, I resorted to just using water in the morning and a light acne scrub in the evening, along with occasional spot treatment and aloe vera gel I found at CVS for two dollars.

And my skin decided to love me again.

It could have been hormones, or a diet issue, or stress. But try this out. Just be minimal. If your skin reacts, stop using the product immediately.

Show your skin some love :) Maybe that’s all it needs.

hmu

Powered by Blogger.