Header Ads

Causes of Dark Lips and How To Treat Them?


We asked a few people What Causes of Dark Lips and How To Treat Them? and this is their answer.

1. Stacie Johnson, Professional Editor

It is the same with mine too. At least you don’t get bullied for it. As for me, Malaysian people associated the dark lip as a smoker. It means someone who loves to smoke. Even when they don’t know me, they saw my lips and said I am pretty sure she is a heavy smoker. I would like to tell them I do not smoke at all. Yet, my lips are so dark around the edges. It is very dark like dark brown and then pink or reddish on the other.

I am kinda sad until I saw a google research about it. Someone said if you have asthma, highly chances you have dark lips around the ages too. I have asthma but blaming it on asthma is very ridiculous. So, I assume that Ya Allah (God) created me that way in order to not use lip liner for it. Just apply and you see the different of two colors. You can call me delusional but hey, I love myself. :-).

2. Erica P. Williamson, Self-Employed

When you have a habit of wetting your lips with your saliva, this problem is common. As far as I know, and according to me, this is because our saliva contains acids and it is not a good habit to wet your lips with your saliva. As the acid is applied to your lips, after some time it is accumulated at the edges which creates a slight sensation. When you have a habit of doing this, you might not probably feel the sensation as it is quite normal for you but the skin cells at the edges start to get damaged. continous habit leads to dark lip edges. To add up, I also have the same issue. If I had known this before, I might not have had dark lip edges, but I don't think that I can do anything now.

3. Vanessa Kim, Makeup enthusiast

This could be 2 things! The first thing could be just because you have a unharmful skin condition where you just produce more melatonin in that are of your face. Or you could have hyper-pigmentation, which is where that area of the skin will continue to get darker if it is constantly getting contact with the sun, so make sure your putting sunscreen on your lips! It may sound crazy but I highly recommend trying it!

4. Clarise Bennett, studied Animal Science

This could be a reason why The thin layer around the lips is prone to get dark if there is constant exposure to the sun rays, hormonal changes, waxing, shaving or internal body factors. These areas are the result of high amounts of skin-darkening melanin - hyperpigmentation in sensitive areas.

5. Sarah Jung, Writer

Dark areas appear around the lip from hyperpigmentation. This is when your lips are overly exposed to Sun light, to fix it I would suggest using a lip balm with spf that is over 15. Other reasons could be licking your lips too much, wearing lip stick too much or applying lip balm over 4 times a day.



Powered by Blogger.